Primary PE & Sports Premium
At Tividale Community Primary School our aim is to inspire all children to develop a love of physical activity and sport.
Through high quality physical education, whole school values and a whole child approach, we aim to nurture confident, resilient and motivated children who will strive for their personal best, raising high self-esteem.
We aim to ensure that our delivery of physical education allows all children to have the skills and mind-set to leave primary school with the capabilities to be successful in their sporting challenges and active lifestyles at secondary school and beyond.
We aim to educate both our children and families to develop a greater understanding on how to live healthy lifestyles and make healthy choices. We are dedicated to ensuring healthy minds, as well as bodies and will continue to support our children’s well-being. We have strong links to local clubs and partnerships within our community to ensure that children and families receive the support and knowledge they need.
Primary PE and Sports Premium
Schools receive PE and Sport Premium based on the number of pupils in Years 1 to 6. Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport.
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
2019/2020 Academic year – £19,620
We have appointed an Apprentice Community Sport & Health Officer. Also we are running after school clubs which include dance, basketball and rhythmic gymnastics delivered by local providers. Improvements have also been made to our playground to include Daily Mile tracks and new activity markings. We also provide intensive swimming sessions.
2018/2019 Academic year – £19,620