Music Vision Statement
Music is an essential part of life; integral in the development of the whole person. We believe that the opportunity to engage in musical experiences is crucial for the development of the whole child.
Through teaching Music we aim to provide our pupils with the foundations to understand, engage and inspire children to develop a life-long love of music, increase their self-confidence, creativity and imagination, and provide opportunities for self-expression and a sense of personal achievement.
Children participate in a wide range of activities to develop their talents in all aspects of music including instrumental skills, composition, singing and appreciation.
We believe that opportunities for children to play in small groups or ensemble also helps to foster essential life skills such as co-operation, mutual support, self-discipline and commitment.
Music plays an important role in helping children to feel part of a community. At Tividale Community Primary, we provide opportunities to organise and participate in projects to enable children to share their musical skills at different events both inside and outside of school. WE celebrate different cultures within the school as the children learn songs in different languages.
We believe our music provision should;
- Give opportunities for children to perform, listen and evaluate music across a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions, including the great composers and musicians.
- Provided opportunities to use voices, create, compose music on their own and with others.
- Provide opportunities to learn a musical instrument and where possible incorporate technology and have the opportunities to progress to the next level of musical skills.
- Teach children to understand and explore how music is created, produced and communicated.
- Encourage children to interpret music using the inter-related dimensions: pitch, duration, tempo, timbre, texture, structure, and appropriate musical notations.
|Topic Grid||Music Policy|
|Music Resources||Examples of Music work|