Primary PE and Sports Premium
Schools receive PE and Sport Premium based on the number of pupils in Years 1 to 6. Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport.
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
2019/2020 Academic year – £19,620
The draft spending plan will be posted here shortly.
2018/2019 Academic year – £19,620
Click here to see the 2018-19 FINAL SPENDING PLAN